Breaking The Fast
All underlines in newsletter are clickable
Over the next few weeks, The Weekly Beet invites you to dine with us. Mary Kent takes you out for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner, sharing favorite recipes along the way. This week, we break the fast by reporting on the importance of starting your day with a healthy Breakfast!
If you are one of those who think skipping breakfast is healthy, think again! Breakfast, which literally means "to break the fast", should not be missed upon awakening, as our bodies have gone without food since the night before. When we say break the fast, always break it healthy, as not all Breakfast food is good for you. Give up those Sugary Cereals and Krispy Kremes as they won't do the trick and neither will your cup of Coffee or muffin on the run! Here are a few reasons to make your Breakfast healthy:
- It provides energy to start your day, making you less irritable and tired.
- Eating Breakfast helps you concentrate and focus.
- Studies show skipping breakfast can lead to Weight Gain, Diabetes, and even a potential Heart Attack.
- Eating Breakfast eliminates cravings for junk foods.
Our unBEETable Breakfast recipes are:
Great for the digestive system! Filled with complex carbohydrates to keep your hunger pains away until lunch time. Flax is an excellent source of Omega 3's.
- You will need 1 large Papaya, 1 cup of Quinoa Flakes, 1 & 1/2 cups Water, 1 Banana, and 1/4 cup Flax Seeds.
- Slice Papaya horizontally. Scoop out seeds. The Papaya acts as your bowl.
- Boil Quinoa in water. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Spoon Quinoa into Papaya.
- Slice Bananas on top. Sprinkle Flax Seeds.
Also, great for the digestive system! Filled with lots of protein to keep you focused throughout the morning. Click here to find out why we go Goat instead of Cow.
- You will need 1 container of Goat Yogurt, 1 Banana, and 1 jar of Brown Rice Syrup.
- Pour Yogurt into bowl.
- Slice Banana and add Brown Rice Syrup on top.
Oatmeal Extravaganza Plus Egg
Organic Oatmeal is definitely a must to help remove cholesterol from the arteries. Our favorite variety of Oats are Steel Cut Oats.
- You will need 1 cup of Oats, 1 and 1 & 1/2 cups of Water, a pinch of Sea Salt, Cinnamon, 1 Banana, and Berries of your Choice.
- Boil Oats and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add pinch of Sea Salt.
- Add sliced Banana and Berries.
- Sprinkle Cinnamon if desired.
- For added protein, eat an egg on the side. That's what we call unBEETable!
Don't miss a Beet. Stay tuned for next week as we take you out to lunch.
PS. Mary Kent is wearing the new Polo by Ralph Lauren.
PS. Check out at Phyllis Stoller, Founder of Women's Travel Club on Ladies Who Launch.