Take Time To Lunch!
All underlines in newsletter are clickable
Last week The Weekly Beet reported on the importance of eating a healthy Breakfast. This week, Mary Kent invites you to Lunch, insisting you take time out of your stressful day.
Lunch, the most skipped meal in the United States, has long been considered 'sacred' in Spain, France, and Italy. It's obvious countries like the US and the UK simply haven't caught on! Perhaps it's because they truly are Fast Food Nations. If you take 15 minutes or less for lunch or skip it all together, we say think again! Stop giving in to the temptation of a fast fix or a 'no fix.' Walk away from your desk and make time for a healthy lunch. Here are a few reasons to leave skipping and speed-eating behind:
- Studies show that skipping lunch actually makes you less productive on the job!
- Lunch provides you with the opportunity to get up and exercise.
- Lunch helps to fight a stressful morning, as it provides a change of scenery, helping to clear your mind.
- Failing to eat lunch, can result in weight gain, as people tend to eat larger meals at night.
- Lunch optimizes energy perfomance, fighting off those 4 o'clock Office Blues that lead to sugar cravings.
Here are a few of our unBEETable recipes:
Simple Spelt Crusted Pizza
Americans eat an average of 46 slices
of pizza per year. That's an intake of over 23 pounds of white flour! Wouldn't it be wonderful if pizza could be healthy and made of spelt? Now it can!
- You will need 1 Spelt Pizza Crust bought from the health food store or you can also make your own.
- You will also need 4tbs olive oil, 2 crushed Garlic cloves, 1 can chopped Tomatoes, 1 cup organic Mozzarella Cheese, & 4tsp chopped Basil.
- Spread tomatoes over crust, right up to the edges.
- Sprinkle Mozzarella over the Tomatoes. Top with Basil, Salt and Pepper.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes or until Cheese is melted.
Seeded Goat Salad
You can make this easy recipe at home and bring it to the office in a plastic container. The nuts and seeds are packed with lots of Omega 3's. This salad will give you lots of protein, allowing you to focus on the job! Good fats make you less tired after lunch!
- You will need 1 bag Organic pre-washed Mesculin Greens, 1 small container of Goat Cheese, 1 Avocado, a handful of Almonds, Pumpkin Seeds, & Raisins, Olive Oil & Balsamic Vinegar.
Organic Turkey Sandwich on Spelt Bread
Here are a few reasons to choose Spelt over Wheat.
- You will need 2 pieces Spelt Bread, 4 slices of Organic Turkey, Veganaise, Green Lettuce, & Tomato.
- Toast Spelt Bread & spread Veganaise.
- Place Organic Turkey Slices, Lettuce, & 2 slices of Tomato.
- Eat with Rice Chips.
Whether you’re a desk luncher, a power luncher, or a lady who lunches, we say it’s time to make lunch sacred again! Don't miss a Beet. Stay tuned for next week as we take you to Dinner.
PS. MK's flower and top are from H&M. Skin by Neal's Yard Chamomile & Aloe Vera Lotion.
PS. Check out Karen Neuburger, Chief Lifestyle Officer of KN Ltd. Ladies Who Launch.