The Golden Heart Beet is 15% off this week only!
Click here to order a painting! Lots of new ones to view!
This week, The Heart Beet reports straight from the ground. Mary Kent gets rooted, revealing why we could all stand to be a bit closer to Mother Earth.
Lost your keys again? Stress got you feeling all crazed? Can't concentrate to save your life? Insomnia got you up all night? Well, it's possible these are simply the symptoms of something a little less complicated than you might think. Imagine for a moment that the human body is similar to that of a tree. We have a trunk, which is our legs and our middle. We have branches that extend outwards, which are our arms. And, we have beautiful, thoughtful leaves that blow in the wind with an energetic power created in our head either positively or negatively, depending on the thought form. Now, as we all know a tree is very rarely uprooted when the wind blows, except of course, if it's hit by a tornado or hurricane. What holds the tree in tact are deeply earthed roots, which extend far into the soil to keep the tree fully grounded, surrounded, and protected from all damaging, exterior forces. But with the human body, it is up to us to remember to protect our trunk, our branches, and our leaves by understanding that we must also be grounded and rooted. So, when those gale force winds of the mind start blowing around our inner leaves of thought, if we are firmly rooted, we will not be swept away into a hurricane of mind created chaos that keeps those keys lost and our minds awake at night. And, that, of course, is only going to occur if we are properly rooted to the ground. Now imagine that even though we have this beautiful trunk to carry us forward, we must never forget that we need deeply, planted roots to carry us through life's inner and outer most challenges. These roots can be visualized as light roots that extend into the Earth from our feet or they can be symbolized by being rooted in faith, in family, and in love. It is the roots of faith, family, and love that can truly stand the test of any hurricane that might blow your way. And, that's something I know for sure!
These days, the art of being grounded goes above and beyond being cast upon a type of restriction for an act of so-called wrong doing. If parents would simply teach their children the mindful art of grounding, I am sure there would be a lot less spanks and a lot less time spent sulking in their rooms. It's children whose energies are being pulled this way and that with video games, media deceit, and peer pressuring to the maximum. So, with pull like that, here are my top 5 ways to staying grounded for all of us kids who need a bit more mindful discipline:
- Always return to your breath. Always focus on your breath. Always feel your breath. This has helped me tremendously.
- Take off your shoes and walk bare-footed in the yard or the park. This simple act will help ground your energy to the Earth's energy.
- Prayer is a great way to ground yourself. Pray to Jesus, Mother Mary, or whatever higher authority you follow. Ask for protection, love, grounding, and guidance. This is an excellent way to feel grounded, loved, and supported!
- Do yoga, t'ai chi, or qi gong. These exercises are amazing in helping us balance and align our energies. Tree pose is a great grounding pose.
- Surround yourself with loving people and the people in your family who love you. I recently had a very challenging situation and immediately surrounded myself with a very loving part of my family. I can not tell you how vitally important this was to my well-being and literally made me forget about the challenging situation. Thank you! You know who you are. Love y'all!
So, I did a little research and found out some serious reasons why we all should get rooted to the ground! Here's what being grounded can do:
- Increase health and assist with mind clarity.
- Strengthen the entire energy field, or what is known as the aura.
- Heal the central nervous system.
- Release emotional blocks, stress and negative energy.
- Bring one to a place of feeling centered, alert, aware, & present.
- Allow the mind to release the past and the present, bringing stillness into the present moment.
- Create a healthier body on a physical level by receiving more energy from Mother Earth.
- Help with manifesting goals. This is fascinating!
- Assist artists and writers to experience greater output and sustained creativity.
- Athletes who ground say they are more aware of how to perform and the body responds better to physical training.
I got in touch with healer and Grounding expert, Nell Arnaud, at The Center for InterDimensional Healing in Mount Shasta, CA, to share with us a really cool grounding technique that will bring us back down to Earth and help our blowing thoughts calm down. Nell is writing a book on Grounding that I will be sharing on The Beet when it comes out. She tells us:
Visualize an extension from the base of your spine, down into the Earth. This extension anchors into the core of the Earth so that you make a direct, straight, electrical current of energy from your body into the Earth. Energy follows thought. If your have a clear thought, or clear visualization, the energy will follow. Visualize the core of the Earth as bright as the sun-a bright light source deep within the Earth. Allow the force of gravity to take your grounding cord directly into the sun deep within the core of the Earth. Once you reach this place, create a reference point for this place so that you can come back here often. Turn your grounding cord into a big giant honey spoon, stirring the Earth's energy and getting a visceral sense for this substantial grounding connection.
The Earth's energies are a healing, nurturing energy. Next, visualize your grounding cord as a big giant drinking straw and begin sucking up the Earth energy from the sun in the Earth's core to fill your entire body with this bright, nurturing light and healing energy. When you connect into the grounding source of the Earth, if you are really not confident of your grounding connection or the nurturing, healing energies accessed from the Earth, it is because you do not trust the experience. We've all experienced many traumas on the Earthly plane and it's sometimes difficult to trust that the Earth will support us. When we ground with the intention of anchoring our light into the source of all Creation, this is the most powerful connection there is with Mother Earth. So, if we can strengthen ourselves and stretch our minds to accept this concept, this changes our lives and empowers us forever.
Thank you, Nell! We will all be visualizing our grounding cords connected to Mother Earth. And, I'm hoping to be much more present as a result. Click here to see a video on Grounding to relieve anxiety and panic. I found this while researching and think it's great!
Get your roots on! Ground yourself and, of course, listen to your Heart Beet. Don't miss a Beet. Stay tuned for next week.
PS. Mary Kent is wearing vest by Patagonia. Photograph taken by the talented Caroline Lord, wife of South Carolina's Attorney General Candidate, Leighton Lord. Vote Lord in the Run Offs tomorrow - June 22.
PSS. Please check out Kaziah Hancock! If you don't know about her, watch this touching video. She's simply unBEETable!
PSSS. You have to see the remake of The Karate Kid. It's AMAZING!!!!
"The Weekly Beet is simply exciting! Never before has Alternative Medicine been researched and presented in such an 'upbeet' way."
- Dr. Andrew Weil
Copyright ©2010 The Heart Beet